The Goodman® GSH13 13 SEER Heat Pump features an attractive louvered metal guard that protects the coil from damage and strengthens the unit. Designed for ground-level or rooftop mount, the base pan elevates the unit above the slab for excellent water drainage. A powder-paint finish provides premium durability and improved UV protection.
This heat pump requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. What tonnage coil or air handler should you use? It depends on two factors about the heat pump: 1) the tonnage, and 2) the efficiency rating (listed as "SEER"). Usually, high efficiency heat pumps are required to use a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the heat pump. (For example, a 2 ton heat pump might be paired with a 3 ton or 3.5 ton evaporator coil.) To find the specific coils or air handlers that are recommended by the manufacturer for this heat pump, please click on the "Accessories" tab above. (Also, you can view the manufacturer's specifications sheets at the Documents tab above).
Some models of the Goodman heat pumps include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the heat pump. If the heat pump you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the Goodman evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the heat pump. Doing so makes the heat pump and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace , you will need to install an electronic all fuel kit. This kit switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time. Alternatively, you can install the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U 1008) thermostat which has the all-fuel kit functionality built into it already, in which case an external all-fuel kit would not be needed.
Need help putting a complete system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you! Please note that this equipment comes pre-charged with liquid refrigerant and that by federal law you must be EPA certified to handle the refrigerant. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being certified. And, if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- Energy-efficient Copeland® compressor
- Copper tube/aluminum fin coil
- 850 RPM condenser fan motor
- R-22 refrigerant-charged for 15’ of refrigerant lines
- Liquid refrigerant return protection
- Factory-installed liquid line filter dryer
- Low-pressure switch
- Time-initiated, temperature-terminated defrost control
- Brass liquid and suction service valves
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- ARI Certified
- ETL Certified
- Unique Goodman® sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge, galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500- hour salt-spray
- When properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
Air Handler and Coil Compatibilities
- ARPF, ARPT, ADPF, ARUF, AEPF, AEPT — versatile upflow, horizontal or downflow air handlers; may be located in closets, utility rooms, attics, or basements
- AWB and AWUF vertical wall-mounted electric heat air handlers
- AC and ACNF ceiling-mounted electric heat air handlers
- MBR/MBE modular blower
- CA, CH and CSCF indoor coils Accessories
- Standard room thermostat with 1-stage cool/1-stage heat (CHT18-60 or CHSATG)
- Digital room thermostat with 1-stage cool/1-stage heat (CH70TG)
- Outdoor thermostat (OT18-60A)
- High- and low-pressure switch kit (HLPK-01)
- Low-pressure switch kit (LPS-01)
- Low ambient kit (LA-01)
|Cooling Capacity||23,000 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||2 Tons|
|Heating Capacity||22,000 BTU|
|Heating Seasonal Performance Factor||8.0 HSPF|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||20 Amps|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||3/4 Inches|
|Pad Size||30x30 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||198 lbs|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||10 Years|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|