GOVERNMENT PAYS HUGE TAX CREDITS FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY EQUIPMENT!
If you buy equipment that meets the efficiency
standards listed below, the government will
pay up to 10% of the cost, up to $500!
On January 2, 2013, legislation was signed to retroactively reinstate the 25C tax credits which provide homeowners large tax credits for many energy efficient home improvements installed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013. This includes many of the heating and cooling products available here at Alpine Home Air Products.
- To receive the tax credits, improvements made in 2012 will be claimed on your 2012 taxes (filed in 2013), by using the 2011 version of IRS Tax Form 5695.
- For record keeping purposes, save your receipts and the manufacturer certification statement (spec sheet, AHRI certificate or GAMA certificate), although they do not need to be submitted with your tax return to receive the tax credits.
- If a product qualifies for two tax credits, for example a furnace with an AFUE of 95% and an energy efficient circulation fan, the maximum tax credit will be 10% of the cost, not 20%.
- Please note that the lifetime tax credit caps have been reinstated for the energy efficiency tax credits. The cap is $500 for any credits filed under tax code 25c since January 1st, 2005.
- In addition to the cumulative cap of $500, there are also caps for individual products:
Split-System Air Conditioners: $300
Split-System Heat Pumps: $300
Forced Air Furnace: $150
Packaged Air Conditioners: $300
Packaged Heat Pumps: $300
Hot Water Boiler: $150
Water Heater: $300
Advanced Main Circulating Fan: $50
- Visit the US Government's website for more details.
- Please consult your tax advisor for full details.