Forced-Air Zone Controls
You get to pick how many zones you want to have, from two zones on up, with most homes using two to six zones. The components required are:
• electronic dampers to be installed inline with the ductwork
• control panel (the “brain”)
• thermostats for each zone
If you are planning on adding zone controls to existing ductwork, the area where the ductwork attaches to the furnace or air handler will need to be accessible. For new construction, creating a zone system is easiest since all the ductwork is accessible, a requirement to install the dampers. Call us for assistance in recommending the right zone components for your home.
- These zone control panels are for forced-air systems in a zoned application. The panels make the call for heating or cooling when needed.
- These zone control dampers are for forced-air systems in a zoned application. The dampers open and close when needed, allowing air through the ductwork for heating or cooling.
- These are accessories for forced-air zone systems such as outdoor temperature and humidity sensors, replacement transformers, discharge air sensors and damper interface modules.