These are very high efficiency furnaces. They are the top-of-the line models. They are at least 15% more efficient than the low efficiency furnaces. This means you will save at least 15% more off your gas bill with one of these furnaces than if you select a low efficiency model.
Additionally, some of these furnaces have advanced burners with two or more flame levels. When your home needs less heat, the furnace will operate on low flame; when your home needs more heat it will automatically operate on a higher flame level. The benefit of this is a more quiet operation, as well as increased comfort due to more even temperatures in the home (including a reduction in cool air-pockets near doors and windows).
- These furnaces have standard burners with one flame level. The flame is either on at full capacity, or it is off.
- These furnaces will operate on low flame, and then automatically increase to high-flame when more heat is needed. (A two-stage thermostat is required which allows you to determine when high-flame is engaged.)
- The two stage burner will help maintain a more consistant temperature in your home, keeping your home at nearly the exact temperature you set your thermostat at.
- These furnaces operate on a varying flame level, increasing the flame level incrementally as more heat is needed. (A modulating thermostat is required for full functionality.)
- The modulating burner will help maintain a more consistant temperature in your home, keeping your home at nearly the exact temperature you set your thermostat at, while using less fuel than a two-stage burner.