This is an Upflow unit.
The Goodman® GKS9 92.1% AFUE Single-Stage, Multi-Speed Upflow Gas Furnace features a patented aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger and energy-efficient Hot Surface Ignition system. This furnace is run-tested for heating or combination heating/cooling applications. With a corrosion-resistant, painted steel cabinet, this gas furnace can be installed in a variety of locations. (Not intended for use in moblie homes.)
Important Safety Notice
- Operates as a natural gas furnace out of the box, and can be easily converted to a propane furnace with optional propane conversion kit (see Accessories tab).
- Goodman Patented TuffTube™ dual-diameter tubular furnace heat exchanger with Lifetime Limited Warranty with online registration
- Single-stage combination redundant gas valve
- Furnace has a hot surface igniter with Norton Mini-igniter and patented adaptive learning control for maximum igniter life
- Energy-saving, quiet four-speed direct-drive furnace circulator blower motor
- Integrated Goodman electronic furnace control board with self-diagnostics, low-voltage terminal block
- Dual-certified for sealed combustion direct vent (2-pipe) or non-direct vent (1-pipe) applications. The direct vent furnace setup uses outside air for combustion which increases comfort and furnace energy efficiency.
- Easy-to-install top venting
- Quiet, single-speed furnace induced draft blower
Furnace Cabinet Features
- Heater's foil-faced insulation lines the heat exchanger
- Furnaces is designed for upflow installation but can be converted to horizontal left or right with a pressure switch kit
- Airtight solid bottom for side-return applications and easy-cut tabs for effortless removal in bottom air-inlet applications
- Coil and furnace fit flush for most installations
- All of these Goodman gas furnace models comply with California NOx emissions standards