The Goodman® SSZ16 16 SEER Heat Pump uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and cooling industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The SSZ16 features a high-efficiency Copeland® scroll compressor and is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly performance.
All Goodman 16 SEER heat pumps must be installed with a bi-flow thermostatic expansion valve. This valve is installed in front of the indoor evaporator coil inline with the line set piping.
When this unit is installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler or variable speed modular blower, it is usually 16 SEER. To achieve 16 SEER for a certainty, see Accessories tab above for actual products compatible with this heat pump, or the "Instructions & Brochures" tab above for Goodman's spec sheet details.
Need help putting a complete heat pump system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install an electronic all fuel kit. This kit switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time. Alternatively, you can install the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U 1008) thermostat which has the all-fuel kit functionality built into it already, in which case an external all fuel kit would not be needed.
Please note that this heat pump equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. And, if you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, we strongly recommend to have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation including managing the refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
Heat Pump's Standard Features
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- High-efficiency Copeland® scroll compressor
- High-quality compressor sound blanket
- High-pressure switch; low-pressure switch
- Factory-installed filter dryer
- 850 RPM condenser fan motor
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Sweat connection service valves with easy access to gauge ports
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- ARI Certified
- ETL Certified
- Unique Goodman® sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
|Cooling Capacity||48,000 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||4 Tons|
|Maximum Heating Output BTU||48,000 BTU|
|Heating Seasonal Performance Factor||9.5 HSPF|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||40 Amps|
|Compressor Type||Scroll UltraTech™|
|Low Pressure Safety Switch||Yes|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||7/8 Inches|
|Noise Level||72 Decibels|
|Pad Size||36x36 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||282 lbs|
|Width||35 1/2 Inches|
|Depth||35 1/2 Inches|
|Height||38 1/4 Inches|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||Lifetime With Online Registration|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|