The Honeywell C8600A1000 is a residential carbon monoxide alarm with the most reliable detection available. It features a biotechnology-based infrared-gas sensor which gives it the ability to detect levels of carbon monoxide as low as 70 parts per million.
It is recommended that you install a CO alarm and smoke alarm on every separate living level of the home, as well as in the basement. Some local codes require CO alarms when new heating equipment is installed, check with your local municipality for specific requirements.
CO is a toxic gas that cannot be seen, felt, tasted, or smelled. The effects of CO poisoning can cause household members to become extremely ill or even cause death. Due to damage, poor maintenance, or defects, appliances like furnaces, ovens, fireplaces, kerosene heaters, and grills may silently emit CO. Advanced warning of CO poisoning is only possible if you install and maintain a CO detection device.
Note: This CO alarm is designed to detect carbon monoxide gas. It is NOT designed to detect smoke, fire, or any other type of gas. If this CO alarm sounds its alarm horn, DO NOT assume that it is a false alarm. The alarm horn requires your immediate action.
- The only biotechnology-based infrared-gas sensor that mimics the human response to carbon monoxide
- Detects low levels of carbon monoxide (70 parts per million)
- Every unit is 100% gas-tested to ensure accurate, timely response
- Microprocessor intelligence, self-tests every 10 minutes
- Battery powered (9V alkaline battery included)
- Energy easing design extends battery life to more than one year under normal use
- Quick recovery, rapidly returns to its original state when carbon monoxide is eliminated from the environment
- Low battery warning, chirps and LED double flashes
- Horn output: 85 dB at 10'
- Dimensions: 4-3/4" diameter x 1-1/2" D