The Goodman® ASPF Multi-Position Air Handler is suitable for use with refrigerants R-410A and R-22. This unit’s blower design includes an EEM (energy-saving), fixed-speed motor that can enhance the efficiency of air conditioners and heat pumps.
The unit can operate with a heat pump or condenser of two different tonnages, as noted in the product description above. The unit comes equipped with an orifice (flowrater) for the larger listed tonnage. If you wish to pair the air hander with a condenser or heat pump of the smaller tonnage, an orifice in that tonnage will need to be used (unless a TXV is specified instead). If you are purchasing a new Goodman heat pump or condenser, the required orifice can be found on our site by clicking the Accessories tab on the product page for that item. However, if you are just purchasing this air handler and wish to pair it with equipment of the lower tonnage rating as listed on the description for this air handler, you will need to separately purchase the smaller orifice and install it in the air handler before operating. See this step-by-step guide to learn how to easily do so. Alternatively, instead of an orifice a thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) may be used or required for some equipment, such as 14 SEER and higher heat pumps and all equipment that uses R-410A refrigerant (see equipment spec sheets for details or call us for assistance).
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- Suitable for use with refrigerants R-410A and R-22
- Check flowrater expansion device for cooling and heat pump applications
- Energy-saving (EEM), fixed-speed motor
- Enhances the performance of your Goodman® air conditioner or heat pump
- Multi-position—upflow, downflow or horizontal installations
- Built-in coil has horizontal, vertical, and downflow drain pans with secondary drain connections
- Complies with the Factory-sealed Air Handling Credit as listed in the 2001 Florida Building Code, Chapter 13, Section 610.2.A.2.1
- ARI Certified; ETL Listed
- Fully painted cabinet with attractive Architectural Gray finish
- Built-in coil has downflow drain pan with secondary drain connections
- Power supply entry at top; low-voltage entry on left side and top