This is a Downflow / Horizontal unit.
The Goodman® GCH95 95% AFUE Two-Stage (Convertible), Multi-Speed, Multi-Position gas furnace features a patented aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger and durable Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Ignition system. The GCH furnaces are designed to be used in a downflow (blows air into ducts located below it) or in a horizontal application. This furnace is run-tested for heating or combination heating/cooling applications. (Please read this Important Safety Notice.)
- Operates as a natural gas furnace out of the box, and can be easily converted to a propane furnace with optional propane conversion kit (see Accessories tab).
- Patented TuffTube™ dual-diameter tubular furnace heat exchanger with lifetime limited warranty plus 10-year furnace replacement limited warranty (with online registration)
- Two-stage furnace gas valve with revolutionary new Dual$aver control technology that allows installer to turn on two-stage operation with the flip of a dipswitch
- Silicon Nitride igniter with patented adaptive learning routine for maximum igniter life
- Energy-saving, quiet four-speed direct-drive circulator blower motor
- Integrated electronic Goodman furnace control board with self-diagnostics, low-voltage terminal block, and separate terminals for electronic air cleaner and 24-volt humidifiers
- Heater's control board stores the last five diagnostic codes in memory; simple push-button activation outputs the fault history to a flashing red LED
- Low constant fan mode allows the homeowner to activate the lowest available heating speed to circulate air quietly and efficiently throughout the home during the off cycle
- Self-adjusting feature automatically adjusts furnace to high or low stage based on outside temperature without outdoor temperature sensor
- Dual-certified for sealed combustion direct vent (2-pipe) or non-direct vent (1-pipe) applications. The direct vent furnace setup uses outside air for combustion which increases comfort and furnace energy efficiency.
- Quiet, single-speed induced-draft blower
- All of these Goodman furnace models comply with California NOx emissions standards
- Fully insulated, heavy-gauge steel furnace cabinet with durable baked-enamel finish
- Furnaces' Foil-faced insulation lines the heat exchanger compartment
- Designed for multi-position installation: Goodman GCH95: downflow, horizontal left or right
- Airtight solid bottom for side-return applications and easy-cut tabs for effortless removal in bottom air-inlet applications
- Convenient left or right connection for furnaces' gas and electric service
- Coil and furnace fit flush for most installations