The Goodman® brand DSXC16 16 SEER Central Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The DSXC16 features the two-stage, high-efficiency Copeland® UltraTech scroll compressor, which provides improved temperature and humidity control. This unit is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly air conditioning performance.
This central air conditioning condenser requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. What tonnage coil or air handler should you use? It depends on two factors about the outside portion of the central air conditioning system: 1) the tonnage, and 2) the efficiency rating (listed as "SEER"). Usually, high efficiency central air conditioning condensers are required to use a larger tonnage evaporator coil than the tonnage of the outside central air condenser. (For example, a 2 ton central air conditioning condenser might be paired with a 3 ton or 3.5 ton evaporator coil.) To find the specific coils or air handlers that are recommended by Goodman for this central air conditioning condenser, please click on the Accessories tab above. (Also, you can view Goodman's specifications sheets at the Documents tab above).
In order to achieve the 16 SEER efficiency this central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and thermostatic expansion valve (TXV). (See the Accessories tab above for most compatible products, or Goodman's spec sheet found under the Documents tab above to verify central air conditioning efficiency with particular equipment combinations.) A 16 SEER system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% - 8% more than a 15 SEER system.
Need help putting a complete central air conditioning system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this air conditioning equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. If you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However we strongly recommend that a professional heating / cooling contractor do the final part of the installation, including the managing of refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this central air conditioner validates your warranty with Alpine.
Standard Features of this Central Air Conditioner
- Two-Stage Copeland® UltraTech scroll compressor
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Copeland® ComfortAlert diagnostics
- ComfortNet™ Communications System compatible
- Two-Speed condenser fan motor
- High-quality foam compressor sound blanket
- Loss of charge switch
- High-pressure switch
- Factory-installed filter dryer
- Copper tubing / enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Sweat connection service valves with easy access to gauge ports
- ARI Certified; ETL Listed
- Wire fan discharge grille
- Steel louver coil guard
- Baked-on powder paint finish
- Rust-resistant coated screws
- Compact footprint
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When central air conditioner is properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds