The Goodman® brand DSZC16 16 SEER Heat Pump uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The DSZC16 features the two-stage, high-efficiency Copeland® UltraTech scroll compressor, which provides improved temperature and humidity control. This unit is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly air conditioning performance.
All Goodman 16 SEER heat pumps must be installed with a bi-flow thermostatic expansion valve. This valve is installed in front of the indoor evaporator coil inline with the line set piping.
When this unit is installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler or variable speed modular blower, it is usually 16 SEER. To achieve 16 SEER for a certainty, see Accessories tab above for actual products compatible with this heat pump, or the "Instructions & Brochures" tab above for Goodman's spec sheet details.
Need help putting a complete heat pump system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install an electronic all fuel kit. This kit switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time. Alternatively, you can install the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U1008) thermostat which has the all-fuel kit functionality built into it already, in which case an external all fuel kit would not be needed.
Please note that this heat pump equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. If you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However we strongly recommend that a professional heating / cooling contractor do the final part of the installation, including the managing of refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
Standard Features of this Heat Pump
- Two-Stage Copeland® UltraTech scroll compressor
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Copeland® ComfortAlert diagnostics
- ComfortNet™ Communications System compatible
- Two-Speed condenser fan motor
- High-quality foam compressor sound blanket
- Loss of charge switch
- High-pressure switch
- Factory-installed filter dryer
- Copper tubing / enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Sweat connection service valves with easy access to gauge ports
- ARI Certified; ETL Listed
- Wire fan discharge grille
- Steel louver coil guard
- Baked-on powder paint finish
- Rust-resistant coated screws
- Compact footprint
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When central air conditioner is properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds