The Haier D2VAE series of central air conditioners offer reliable compressors, a permanently lubricated fan motor, and heavy gauge steel construction. Haier condensers are manufactured to meet high quality standards, factory tested to ensure their performance in the field, and offer a 5 year limited warranty on all parts including the compressor.
Some models of the Haier air conditioners include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the air conditioner. If the air conditioner you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the air handler with the air conditioner's included orifice. Doing so makes the air conditioner and air handler compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
Please note that this equipment comes pre-charged with liquid refrigerant, and that by federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes you can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating / cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this central air conditioner validates your warranty with Alpine.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- Efficient performance and economical design
- Benchmark hermetic compressor design
- High efficiency aluminum fin and copper tube design
- Durable construction
- Quick, easy installation and service
- Powder coated full metal jacket
- Drainage holes prevent standing water in base pan, further reducing corrosion
- ARI certified and rated in accordance with DOE Standards
- 5-year limited compressor warranty
- 5-year limited parts warranty