Aspen coils are an excellent choice if you would like a high-quality, inexpensive alternative to name brand evaporator coils. Aspen coils are designed to work with all brands of central air conditioning and heat pump equipment, and many models are AHRI certified for guaranteed efficiency and capacity ratings for brands such as Goodman, Haier and others.
Aspen Manufacturing is one of the largest independent coil manufacturers in the US. Aspen utilizes state-of-the-art fabrication and assembly equipment to maintain low costs while maintaining the highest possible quality in all their products. Other manufacturers may achieve high efficiencies by increasing the size and cost of their coils. Not Aspen. Aspen has re-engineered their coils from the inside, tightening fin packs, increasing tube rows, and adding TXV's when necessary.
This coil comes ready for use with R-410A refrigerant systems. The coil can also be used in an R-22 system with a simple 5 minute field conversion, consisting of removing the TXV refrigerant regulator and installing an appropriate sized orifice. The correct orifice size is determined by the outdoor unit. When installing a new outdoor unit (air conditioner or heat pump), the correct orifice is usually supplied with that equipment. If you are installing the indoor coil only in a system with an existing outdoor unit, find the required orifice size in the manufacturer's documentation or use our chart.
- Rifled copper tubing, and enhanced aluminum fins
- Immersion-tested at 500 psi, then nitrogen-pressurized and sealed
- Liquid line - 3/8" ODS, suction line - 7/8" ODS
- Externally mounted flowrater body with Schrader valve for hiss-testing
- Heavy duty polypropylene drain pan
- Upflow without field modification; downflow applications require installation of included plate kit
- ARI certified with select Goodman and Haier central air conditioners and heat pumps
- ETL listed for use with both R-22 and R-410A when proper refrigerant metering device is used (see above)
- 10 year limited warranty
When purchasing a new evaporator coil, check that the width and height of the coil do not exceed the dimensions of your ductwork where the coil will be installed. If, however, the coil depth exceeds the available space, the coil may still be used if the ductwork is modified, as shown in our installation video.
Check out some additional installation Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets to help with your installation project.
|Configuration||Upflow / Downflow|
|Cooling Capacity||4 Tons|
|Refrigerant||R-22 / R-410A|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||7/8 Inches|
|Coil Width||23 inches|
|Coil Height||28 inches|
|Coil Depth||19 19/50 inches|
|Shipping Weight||76 lbs|