The Goodman® GSC13 13 SEER Air Conditioner features the unique Goodman® sound control top design for quiet operation. In addition, the unit has an attractive louvered metal guard that protects the coil from damage plus a powder-paint finish that provides premium durability and improved UV protection.
This condenser requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. The coil or air handler you should use depends on two factors about the condenser: the tonnage, and the efficiency rating ("SEER"). Usually, high efficiency condensers require a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the condenser. For example, a 2 ton 16 SEER condenser might be paired with a 3 ton evaporator coil. To find the specific coils and air handlers that are recommended by the manufacturer for this condenser, check the Accessories tab above. Also, you can view the manufacturer's specifications sheets at the Instructions & Brochures tab above.
Some models of the Goodman condensers include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the condenser. If the condenser you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the condenser. Doing so makes the condenser and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
Need help putting a complete system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this equipment uses liquid refrigerant and that by federal law you must be EPA certified to handle the refrigerant. You can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- Energy-efficiency compressor
- Copper tube/aluminum fin coil
- 850 RPM condenser fan motor
- For use with R-22 refrigerant; charged with inert gas for shipping
- Factory-installed liquid line filter dryer
- Brass liquid and suction service valves with sweat connections
- Contactor with lug connections
- Ground lug connection
- ETL Certified
- Unique Goodman® sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- When properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds