The Goodman® GSX14 14 SEER Central Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The GSX14 central air conditioner features a high-efficiency Copeland® scroll compressor and is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly cooling performance.
This central air unit can be 14 or 15 SEER depending on which indoor unit it is paired with. If it is installed with the manufacturer-recommended evaporator coil, variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower, and also sometimes a thermostatic expansion valve (TXV), it is a 15 SEER system (see Accessories tab above for actual products compatible with this central air conditioner, or the Documents tab above for Goodman's spec sheet details). A 15 SEER central air conditioning system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% more than a 14 SEER system.
Some models of the Goodman condensers include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the condenser. If the condenser you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the condenser. Doing so makes the condenser and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
Need help putting a complete central air conditioning system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this equipment comes precharged with R-410A liquid refrigerant, and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. You can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
* This Goodman GSX14 model meets or exceeds minimum requirements set in 2015 Regional Cooling Efficiency Standards
Central Air Conditioner's Standard Features
- Energy-efficient Copeland® scroll compressor
- Factory-installed filter drier
- Copper tube/aluminum fin coil
- Service valves with sweat connections and easy-access gauge ports
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- AHRI Certified
- ETL Listed
- Goodman® brand louvered sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When properly anchored, meets the 2010 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
|Cooling Capacity||42,000 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||3.5 Tons|
|Energy Efficiency Ratio||12.2 EER|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||35 Amps|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||1 1/8 Inches|
|Noise Level||73 Decibels|
|Pad Size||30x30 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||207 lbs|
|Height||36 1/4 Inches|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||10 Years|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|