This is a Downflow / Horizontal unit.
The Goodman® GCVM96 up to 96% AFUE, Multi-Position, Modulating Variable-Speed gas furnace features a patented aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger and durable Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Ignition system. (Please read this Important Safety Notice.) . The GCVM96 is designed for a downflow (blows air into ducts located below it) or horizontal application.
- Aluminized-steel, dual-diameter tubular heat exchange
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- ComfortNetTM Communicating Systems compatible
- Self-calibrating, modulating gas valve operates with two-stage or single-stage thermostats
- Efficient and quiet variable-speed circulator motor gently ramps up or down according to heating or cooling demand
- Durable Silicon Nitride igniter
- Furnace control board with self-diagnostics, color-coded low-voltage terminals and provisions for electronic air cleaners and humidifiers
- Low constant fan speed allows homeowner to quietly circulate air throughout the home. This setting costs as little as a 100-watt light bulb to operate.
- Dual-certified for sealed combustion direct vent (2-pipe) or non-direct vent (1-pipe) applications
- Auto-Comfort and enhanced dehumidication modes provide energy savings and additional comfort during the cooling months
- Easy-to-install top venting is standard; alternate flue/vent located on right
- Quiet two-speed induced draft blower
- Complies with California NOx emissions standards
- Fully insulated, heavy-gauge steel furnace cabinet with durable baked-enamel finish
- Foil-faced insulation lines the heat exchanger compartment
- Designed for multi-position installation: downflow, horizontal left or right
- Airtight solid bottom for side-return applications and easy-cut tabs for effortless removal in bottom air-inlet applications
- Convenient left or right connection for furnaces' gas and electric service
- Coil and furnace fit flush for most installations