Why choose wall-mounted?
If you have one or more rooms without exterior walls or windows, a wall-mounted ductless split system will work beautifully. The indoor air handler is sleek, unobtrusive and quiet. You need only a 2” clearance from the ceiling, so you’ll have lots of placement options. All systems come with a remote control, so even units high on the wall are easy to operate. There’s also an optional wired, wall-mounted controller for models over 18000 Btu. See our selection of wall-mounted ductless split systems.
Choose from single-zone cooling models, single-zone heat pumps that cool and heat, and multizone heat pumps that individually cool and heat multiple rooms.
- LCD remote for each indoor unit
- 24-hour timer and sleep timer
- Automatic, cooling, fan and heating* modes
- 4 fan speeds heating* or cooling, including a “quiet” setting
- Continuous ‘Air Sweep’
- Auto-restart after power interruptions
- Auto-shut flaps close when unit is off for a sleeker appearance
- Washable, reusable air filters
- Removable front grille
- Low ambient operation
- Secured remote control holder
- 4 different transmitter codes to prevent unintentional interference with nearby units
- Optional wired, wall-mounted controller available for models rated 18000 Btu or higher
* Heat pump models only
Cool and heat up to four zones
Like other ductless models, a wall-mounted system consists of an outdoor condensing unit and 1–4 indoor air handlers connected by refrigerant and electrical lines that run through a 3" opening in an exterior wall.
- Single-zone cooling: This system has one outdoor condenser and one indoor air handler that cools one room. The new 115V models have cooling capacities of 9000 and 12000 Btu, and the 230/208V models range from 18000 to 33000 Btu.
- Single-zone heat pumps: This system has one outdoor condenser and one indoor air handler that cools and heats one room. Cooling capacities range from 8500 to 22000 Btu, and heating capacities range from 10000 to 27600 Btu.
- Multizone heat pumps: This system has one outdoor condenser and up to four indoor air handlers that cool and heat individual rooms. Each indoor unit is separately controlled for customized comfort settings, and units can be turned off in unoccupied rooms to save energy. Multizone systems are available in numerous configurations, with total system capacities between 18000 and 36000 Btu.
The advantages of Inverter Technology
Friedrich wall-mounted ductless split systems feature variable speed compressors and fans (called Inverter Technology), which reach the desired temperature faster, maintain it more accurately and reduce energy consumption with fewer compressor startups. Our wall-mounted ductless split systems can cool and cool/heat 1-4 zones. Multizone systems let occupants independently set the temperature for individual comfort. Units in unoccupied rooms can be turned off to save energy.
Hard-to-find 115V 9000 and 12000 Btu/h models are available. Capacities up to 3 tons.
Available in cooling-only and cooling plus heat pump models
- Cooling from: 8500-33000 Btu
- Heating: 10000-27600 Btu
- 1 MW09Y3J 1 Ton Indoor Air Handler
- 1 MR09Y3J 1 Ton Outdoor Condenser
- 1 LCD Remote Control
Complete your system by selecting a line set from the Accessories tab above. Line sets come in 15 foot, 25 foot, 35 foot, and 50 foot lengths.
|Total Cooling Capacity BTU||9000 BTU|
|Total Cooling Capacity||.75 Ton(s)|
|Maximum Heating Output BTU||10800 BTU|
|Energy Efficiency Ratio||13.3 EER|
|Heating Seasonal Performance Factor||11 HSPF|
|Moisture Removal||2.6 Pts/Hr|
|Factory Precharge||41 Feet|
|Minimum Ampacity||10 Amps|
|Maximum Fuse/Breaker||15 Amps|
|Maximum Line Length||66 Feet|
|Maximum Height Difference||33 Feet|
|Line Set Connection Type||Flare|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||No|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||1/4 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Indoor Section Size, W x H x D||35 1/4 x 11 1/4 x 8 1/4 Inches|
|Sound Rating, Indoor||19 / 24 / 33 / 38 Decibels|
|Sound Rating, Outdoor||45 Decibels|
|Outdoor Section Size, W x H x D||30 5/16 x 21 5/16 x 11 5/16 Inches|
|Indoor Section Weight||23 Lbs|
|Outdoor Section Weight||75 Lbs|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||6 Years|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|