The Alpine AHOVA-C 13 SEER Series condenser is made by Midea and is the outdoor air conditioning element in a versatile climate-control system designed to create perfect comfort. It is exceptionally well constructed and features built in high and low pressure safety shut-off switches, components normally found only in high-end equipment. This multi-functional, high-efficiency system meets all of your needs while offering industry-leading quality and unmatched value.
This condenser requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. The coil or air handler you should use depends on two factors about the condenser: the tonnage, and the efficiency rating ("SEER"). Usually, high efficiency condensers require a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the condenser. For example, a 2 ton 16 SEER condenser might be paired with a 3 ton evaporator coil. To find the specific coils and air handlers that are recommended by the manufacturer for this condenser, check the Accessories tab above. Also, you can view the manufacturer's specifications sheets at the Instructions & Brochures tab above.
Some models of condensers include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the condenser. If the condenser you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the condenser. Doing so makes the condenser and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
Need help putting a complete system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this equipment uses liquid refrigerant and that by federal law you must be EPA certified to handle the refrigerant. You can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- High / low pressure switch
- Temperature sensor
- Factory-installed discharge muffler - helps insure quiet and stable operation
- Low-pressure service valve - provides easy access for service and installation
- Factory-installed accumulator - protects the compressor against liquid slugging
- High condenser coil temperature protection (127° F)
- High-quality condenser coils with inner-groove copper pipe and high-efficiency aluminum fin absorbs condensation water for maximum heat exchange
- Anti-rust - painted galvanized steel cabinet, 1000 hours salt spray test
- Operating ambient temperature range: 64-109° F