The Alpine AHOVA-N1 16 SEER Series heat pump is made by Midea and is the outdoor air conditioning element in a versatile climate-control system designed to create perfect comfort. It is constructed with a matching indoor coil component. This multi-functional, high-efficiency system meets all of your needs while offering industry-leading quality and unmatched value.
This heat pump requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. The coil or air handler you should use depends on two factors about the condenser: the tonnage, and the efficiency rating ("SEER"). Usually, high efficiency condensers require a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the condenser. For example, a 2 ton 16 SEER condenser might be paired with a 3 ton evaporator coil. To find the specific coils and air handlers that are recommended by the manufacturer for this condenser, check the Accessories tab above. Also, you can view the manufacturer's specifications sheets at the Documents tab above.
Some models of condensers include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the condenser. If the condenser you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the condenser. Doing so makes the condenser and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install a thermostat like the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U 1008) thermostat. This thermostat switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time.
Need help putting a complete system together?Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this heat pump equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. And, if you are mechanically inclinedyou may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, we strongly recommend to have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation including managing the refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- High / low pressure switch
- Temperature sensor
- Factory-installed discharge muffler - helps insure quiet and stable operation
- Low-pressure service valve - provides easy access for service and installation
- Factory-installed accumulator - protects the compressor against liquid slugging
- Crankcase heater - protects compressor from low ambient temperatures or refrigerant migration
- High condenser coil temperature protection (127° F)
- High-quality condenser coils with inner-groove copper pipe and high-efficiency aluminum fin absorbs condensation water for maximum heat exchange
- Anti-rust - painted galvanized steel cabinet, 1000 hours salt spray test
- Operating ambient temperature range: 14-109° F