This is a Downflow unit.
The Goodman GDH8 80% AFUE Two-Stage (Convertible), Multi-Speed, Dedicated Downflow (blows air into ducts located below it) Gas Furnace features a patented aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger and durable Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Ignition system. This furnace is run-tested for heating or combination heating/cooling applications. With a heavy-gauge, reinforced, insulated steel cabinet and durable baked enamel finish, this gas heater can be installed in a variety of locations.
Please read this Important Safety Notice
Standard Furnace Features
- Operates as a natural gas furnace out of the box, and can be easily converted to a propane furnace with optional propane conversion kit (see Accessories tab).
- Goodman Patented TuffTube™ dual-diameter tubular furnace heat exchanger with lifetime limited warranty plus 10-year furnace replacement limited warranty (with online registration)
- Furnaces' two-stage gas valve with revolutionary new Dual$aver control technology allows installer to turn on two-stage operation with the flip of a dipswitch
- Silicon Nitride furnace igniter with patented adaptive learning routine for maximum igniter life Energy-saving, quiet four-speed direct-drive circulator blower motor means less furnace maintenance
- Integrated electronic furnace control board with self-diagnostics, low-voltage terminal block, and separate terminals for electronic air cleaner and 24-volt humidifiers
- Goodman furnace control board stores the last five diagnostic codes in memory; simple push-button activation outputs the fault history to a flashing red LED
- Low constant fan mode allows the homeowner to activate the lowest available heating speed to circulate air quietly and efficiently throughout the home during the off cycle
- Self-adjusting feature automatically adjusts furnace to high or low stage based on outside temperature without outdoor temperature sensor
- Quiet single-speed, induced-draft blower
- All of these Goodman furnace models comply with California NOx emissions standards
- Fully insulated, heavy-gauge furnace steel cabinet with durable baked-enamel finish
- Heater's foil-faced insulation lines the heat exchanger compartment
- Gas furnace is designed for multi-position installation: upflow, horizontal left or right
- Removable bottom for side- or bottom-return applications
- Convenient left or right connection for furnaces' gas and electric service
- Coil and furnace fit flush for most installations