The Alpine AH4AC13L series of central air conditioners is made by Ducane and offers reliable compressors, a permanently lubricated fan motor, and drain pans with Microban® to inhibit the growth of mold and bacteria. Ducane condensers are manufactured to meet high quality standards, factory tested to ensure their performance in the field, and offer a 10 year limited warranty on all parts including the compressor.
Some models of the Ducane air conditioners include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the air conditioner. If the air conditioner you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the air handler with the air conditioner's included orifice. Doing so makes the air conditioner and air handler compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
Please note that this equipment comes pre-charged with liquid refrigerant, and that by federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes you can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating / cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this central air conditioner validates your warranty with Alpine.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- High-quality condenser coil with copper tubing and enhanced louvered fin for maximum heat transfer capacity
- Top discharge directs hot air away from living area and shrubbery
- All units factory run tested
- Easy access to electric panels
- Corner mounted service valves for easy hook-up and service
- Liquid line filter drier shipped loose
- Charged for 15 feet of interconnecting tubing
- All units UL and ULC approved and AHRI listed