The Alpine AH4HP16LT series of heat pumps are made by Ducane and offer reliable two-stage scroll compressors, a permanently lubricated fan motor, a heavy-duty compressor sound blanket, and drain pans with Microban® which inhibits the growth of odor causing mold and bacteria, and Quiet Shift™ defrost control. Additionally, these heat pumps are dual fuel compatible, factory tested to ensure their performance in the field, and offer a 10 year limited warranty on the compressor and all other parts.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install a thermostat with all-fuel backup heat capability such as the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U1008) thermostat.
Please note that this equipment comes pre-charged with liquid refrigerant, and that by federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes you can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating / cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- High-efficiency 2 stage Copeland Ultra Tech™ scroll compressor
- Grommet mounted compressor for quiet operation
- Internally protected against high temperature motor overload conditions
- Full metal louvered panel coil guard protection
- Controls located in corner post for easy installation and service
- Rounded corners for safety and attractive, clean appearance
- Baked polyester paint finish over galvanized steel for maximum durability
- PVC coated wire fan discharge grill
- External gauge ports for easy service
- Raised base pan with ports allows for excellent water and debris drainage
- Full metal louvered panels remove for easy coil cleaning and service
- Bi-directional filter drier for long-lasting durability and system protection
- Discharge muffler for quiet operation
- Factory installed crank case heater
- Advanced design defrost system featuring a smart logic for power consumption savings
- Service valves positioned for quick installation and easy service
- Comfort Alert 2 diagnostics factory installed
- Reliable, solid state defrost control
- Defrost control is Quiet Shift™ capable
- Designed for ambients up to 125°F
- Enhanced aluminum fins and copper tubing for high efficiency and capacity
- Raised coil prevents debris from collecting in bottom of coil and causing loss of airflow
- Crank case heater
- Compressor sound cover for quiet operation
- High pressure switch
- Low pressure switch for loss of charge protection
- 10 Year limited warranty on compressor
- 10 Year limited warranty on all parts,