This is a Horizontal / Upflow unit.
The Goodman GME8 80% AFUE Two-Stage (Convertible), Multi-Speed, Multi-Position Gas Furnace features a super-efficient X13 blower motor that saves electricity during the heating and cooling months. This new direct current motor uses less electricity than the standard multi-speed furnace blower. For example, in constant-fan mode, the X13 runs on an average of 110 watts, whereas a standard furnace multi-speed blower uses an average of 360 watts. This efficiency furnace also includes a patented aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger and durable Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Ignition system. This Goodman gas furnace is run-tested for heating or combination heating/cooling applications. With a heavy-gauge, reinforced, insulated steel cabinet and durable baked enamel finish, this unit can be installed in a variety of locations.
Please read this Important Safety Notice
Standard Furnace Features
- Operates as a natural gas furnace out of the box, and can be easily converted to a propane furnace with optional propane conversion kit (see Accessories tab).
- X13 blower motor with brushless DC design and a permanent-magnet rotor which allows much more efficient operation furnace in both heating and cooling months
- Patented TuffTube™ dual-diameter tubular furnace heat exchanger with lifetime limited warranty plus 10-year furnace replacement limited warranty (with online registration)
- Heater's Two-stage gas valve with revolutionary new Dual$aver control technology allows installer to turn on two-stage operation with the flip of a dipswitch
- Goodman Silicon Nitride igniter with patented adaptive learning routine for maximum igniter life
- Integrated furnace electronic furnace control board with self-diagnostics, low-voltage terminal block, and separate terminals for electronic air cleaner and 24-volt humidifiers
- Goodman has furnace control board stores the last five diagnostic codes in memory; simple push-button activation outputs the fault history to a flashing red LED
- Low constant fan mode allows the homeowner to activate the lowest available heating speed to circulate air quietly and efficiently throughout the home during the off cycle
- Furnaces' self-adjusting feature automatically adjusts furnace to high or low stage based on outsidetemperature without outdoor temperature sensor
- Quiet single-speed, induced-draft blower
- Complies with California NOx emissions standards
- Fully insulated, heavy-gauge steel furnace cabinet with durable baked-enamel finish
- Foil-faced insulation lines the furnaces' heat exchanger compartment
- Designed for multi-position installation: upflow, horizontal left or right
- Removable bottom for side- or bottom-return applications
- Furnaces' convenient left or right connection versitility for gas and electric service
- Coil and furnace fit flush for most installations