The Alpine AHEU1P Uncased Upflow/Downflow Indoor Coils are made by Ducane for split system air conditioners and heat pumps.
This unit comes equipped with an orifice (flowrater) for the listed tonnage. If you wish to pair the coil with a condenser or heat pump of a different tonnage, an orifice in that tonnage will need to be used (unless a TXV is required instead). See this step-by-step guide to learn how to easily change the orifice. Alternatively, instead of an orifice a thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) may be used or required for some equipment.
Check out some additional installation Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets to help with your installation project.
- Suitable for use with R-410A and R-22 refrigerants
- Microban® antimicrobial additive in the drain pan to resist mold and mildew growth
- One of the lowest water retention drain pans in the industry to minimize mold and mildew growth
- Drain pans are compatible with UV lights
- Two dual drain connections on front of coil for installation flexibility of drain lines around furnace vent and utility connections
- Orifice assembly designed for easy changing of orifice sizes and fast TXV connections
Note: Before you purchase an evaporator coil, make sure the width and height of the coil does not exceed the available area in your ductwork where the coil will be installed. If it does, select a coil with smaller dimensions. (If the coil depth exceeds the available space, this is usually okay since the ductwork can be modified to make it fit, as shown in our installation video.)
|Configuration||Downflow / Upflow|
|Cooling Capacity||4 Tons|
|Refrigerant||R-22 / R-410A|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||7/8 Inches|
|Orifice Size||0.082 inches|
|Coil Width||20 inches|
|Coil Height||26 3/4 inches|
|Coil Depth||19 1/2 inches|
|Shipping Weight||40 lbs|