This Goodman GSZ130241 Heat Pump 2 Ton, 13 SEER Heat Pump, R-410A Refrigerant has a dent on one side incurred during shipping. For detailed photos please click 'See Additional Images' above. This Goodman GSZ130241 Heat Pump 2 Ton, 13 SEER Heat Pump, R-410A Refrigerant meets the full manufacturer's specifications, comes with the full manufacturer's warranty, and includes Alpine's premium guarantee.
For product specs and photographs of product in its original condition, click here.
The Goodman® GSZ13 heat pump uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. With its 13 SEER rating, the GSZ13 will help reduce energy consumption throughout the life of the system.
This heat pump requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. What tonnage coil or air handler should you use? It depends on two factors about the heat pump: 1) the tonnage, and 2) the efficiency rating (listed as "SEER"). Usually, high efficiency heat pumps are required to use a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the heat pump. (For example, a 2 ton heat pump might be paired with a 3 ton or 3.5 ton evaporator coil.) To find the specific coils or air handlers that are recommended by the manufacturer for this heat pump, please click on the Accessories tab above. (Also, you can view the manufacturer's specifications sheets at the Documents tab above).
Some models of the Goodman heat pumps include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the heat pump. If the heat pump you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the Goodman evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the heat pump. Doing so makes the heat pump and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace , you will need to install an electronic all fuel kit. This kit switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time. Alternatively, you can install the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U 1008) thermostat which has the all-fuel kit functionality built into it already, in which case an external all-fuel kit would not be needed.
Need help putting a complete heat pump system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this heat pump equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. And, if you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, we strongly recommend to have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation including managing the refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
Heat Pump's Standard Features
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Energy-efficient scroll compressor
- Low-pressure switch
- 850 RPM condenser fan motor
- Liquid refrigerant return protection
- Factory-installed liquid line filter dryer
- Factory-installed, bi-flow liquid line filter dryer
- Service valves with sweat connections and easy-access gauge ports
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Reliable time-initiated, temperature terminated defrost control
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- ARI Certified; ETL Listed
- Unique Goodman® sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge, galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500- hour salt-spray
- Top and side maintenance access
- Service ports and controls are accessible while unit is operating
- When properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
Air Handler and Coil Compatibilities
- Goodman ARPF, ARPT, ADPF, ARUF, AEPF, AEPT — versatile upflow, horizontal or downflow air handlers; may be located in closets, utility rooms, attics, or basements
- AWB and AWUF vertical wall-mounted electric heat air handlers
- Goodman AC and ACNF ceiling-mounted electric heat air handlers
- Goodman MBR/MBE modular blower
- Goodman CA, CH and CSCF indoor coils Accessories
- Standard room thermostat with 1-stage cool/1-stage heat
- Digital room thermostat with 1-stage cool/1-stage heat
- Outdoor thermostat (OT18-60A)
- High- and low-pressure switch kit (HLPK-01)
- Low-pressure switch kit (LPS-01)
- Low ambient kit (LA-01)
|Cooling Capacity||23000 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||2 Tons|
|Maximum Heating Output BTU||23000 BTU|
|Heating Seasonal Performance Factor||8.2 HSPF|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||25 Amps|
|Compressor Type||Scroll UltraTech™|
|Low Pressure Safety Switch||Yes|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||3/4 Inches|
|Noise Level||73 Decibels|
|Pad Size||30x30 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||198 lbs|
|Height||32 1/4 Inches|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||10 Years With Online Registration|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|