For product specs and photographs of product in its original condition, click here.
The AHT5BD 13 SEER Series heat pump offers reliable scroll compressors, a permanently lubricated fan motor, and a hot gas mufler that reduces compressor noise. These heat pumps are manufactured to meet high quality standards and offer a 5 year limited warranty on all parts including the compressor.
This heat pump requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. The coil or air handler you should use depends on two factors about the condenser: the tonnage, and the efficiency rating ("SEER"). Usually, high efficiency condensers require a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the condenser. For example, a 2 ton 16 SEER condenser might be paired with a 3 ton evaporator coil. To find the specific coils and air handlers that are recommended by the manufacturer for this condenser, check the Accessories tab above. Also, you can view the manufacturer's specifications sheets at the Documents tab above.
Some models of condensers include an orifice (also called "flow rater" or "piston") in a small bag taped to the side of the condenser. If the condenser you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the condenser. Doing so makes the condenser and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install a thermostat like the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U 1008) thermostat. This thermostat switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time.
Need help putting a complete system together?Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this equipment uses liquid refrigerant and that by federal law you must be EPA certified to handle the refrigerant. You can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- Nitrogen charged for replacement of R-22 components only
- Composite base pan - Absorbs sound and is corrosion resistant
- Durable, attractive cabinet - Designed using galvanized steel with a polyester urethane finish. The 950 hour salt spray finish is 1.5 mil thick.
- Copper tube / aluminum fin coils - Both indoor and outdoor coils are designed to optimize heat transfer, minimize size and cost, and increase durability and reliability
- Permanently lubricated motor - Heavy duty PSC motor for long lasting reliability and quiet operation
- Full service valves - Easily accessible brass valves that simplify servicing of the refrigeration system
- Complete metal wrapper - Protects the unit's coil from being damaged
- Time / temperature defrost - Reliable, industry standard control offers various time settings to meet any type climate
- Removable top grille assembly - Allows ease of service from the top without disconnecting fan motor leads
- One piece top/orifice - Designed for maximum airflow and quiet operation
- Common suction service port - Allows suction pressure readings without removing any panels
- Five minute restart time delay - When the unit shuts down, a five minute delay keeps the unit from restarting, eliminating the highest cause for compressor failure.
- Suction accumulator - Protection from liquid flood back and future compressor failures
- Hot gas muffler - Reduces compressor noise and vibration
- Easy compressor and control access - Access panels are provided to all controls and the compressor from the side of the unit
- 5 Year Compressor Warranty
- 5 Year Parts Warranty
|Cooling Capacity||18000 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||1.5 Tons|
|Maximum Heating Output BTU||17800 BTU|
|Heating Seasonal Performance Factor||8.0 HSPF|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||20 Amps|
|Low Pressure Safety Switch||No|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||3/4 Inches|
|Pad Size||30x30 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||175 lbs|
|Width||30 3/4 Inches|
|Depth||30 3/4 Inches|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||5 Years|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|