This Goodman 80% 40,000 BTU , GMES800403AN, Upflow/Horizontal Furnace has some cosmetic damage incurred during shipping. This unit has minor denting to the back top of the it. For detailed photos please click 'See Additional Images' above. This Goodman 80% 40,000 BTU , GMES800403AN, Upflow/Horizontal Furnace meets the full manufacturer's specifications, comes with the full manufacturer's warranty, and includes Alpine's premium guarantee.
For product specs and photographs of product in its original condition, click here.
The Goodman® GMES series of standard efficiency, single stage furnaces are multi-position, making them the perfect choice whether you are installing in a basement, closet, alcove or attic. The patented aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger and durable Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Ignition system combined with the heavy-gauge, reinforced, insulated steel cabinet and durable baked enamel finish ensure years of trouble-free performance. Manufactured by Goodman in the U.S.A., you get one of the best warranties in the industry, all at an unbeatable price.
Important Safety Notice
- Operates as a natural gas furnace out of the box, and can be easily converted to a propane furnace with optional propane conversion kit (see Accessories tab).
- Corrosion-resistant, aluminized-steel tubular furnace heat exchanger
- Furnace is designed for multi-position installation - Goodman GMS8: upflow, horizontal right or left; Goodman GDS8: dedicated downflow
- Energy-saving, reliable hot surface ignition system with Goodman furnace patented adaptive learning algorithm to maximize igniter life
- Aluminized steel inshot gas furnace burners
- Energy-saving PSC, multi-speed, direct drive blower motor
- Quiet, corrosion-resistant induced draft furnace blower assembly
- Integrated Goodman furnace control with diagnostics
- Low voltage terminal blocks
- Multiple flame roll-out switches, blower door safety switch, outlet air-limit switch and pressure switch for proof of combustion air
- 40VA transformer for heating and air conditioning control service
- Combination redundant gas valve and regulator
- A rotating combustion air blower (Goodman GMS8) that provides the option of venting the furnace through the top, right-hand side or left-hand side
- Completely assembled, factory run-tested furnace for heating or combination heating/cooling application
- Furnace has heavy-gauge, reinforced, fully insulated steel cabinet with durable baked-enamel finish
- Attractive architectural gray paint finish
- Heater's foil-face insulation lines the heat exchanger compartment
- Coil and furnace fit flush for easy installation
- Convenient left or right connection for gas and electric service
- Bottom or side air inlet (Goodman GMS8)
- Removable, solid-bottom block off
- This furnace does not comply with California NOx Standards (the Goodman furnace models that end in "X" do comply). This furnace is not for sale to the state of California due to emissions laws. Please see our high efficiency Goodman furnaces (models GMS9, GCS9, GMV9, GCV9, GMH) which are compliant with California laws.