Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC), like those found in a typical hotel room, are an ideal way to heat and air condition offices, apartments, dormitories, and residential additions. The PTAC units slide into a standard 16” x 42” wall sleeve and include intuitively configured controls. New PTAC units are designed with efficiency, durability, and quiet operation in mind. They can be purchased in a variety of capacities to meet your sizing requirements. This PTAC unit is an energy efficient heat pump (also called PTHP) with a back-up electric heat strip. This is the most energy efficient type of PTAC unit available.
When purchasing a PTAC unit be sure to match the power plug to the wall recepticle. View this plug chart which will show you what wall recepticle is required for the PTAC unit of your choice.
Heat Pump PTAC Unit Features
- Constant Comfort Room Monitoring – The system automatically runs the fan to briefly sample the room temperature every nine minutes to ensure that the desired conditions are met.
- Room Freeze Protection – Heat is automatically initiated if room temperature falls to 40 degrees, raising the temperature to 46 degrees.
- Quiet Start/Stop Fan Delay – Reduces transitional noise that is usually associated with compressor start-up.
- Rotary Compressor – Mounted with vibration isolators to keep the compressor running smoothly and quietly.
- Electronic Defrost Control – Ensures more run time in the efficient heat pump mode.
- Emergency Heat Override – Ensures heat mode operation even in the unlikely event of a compressor failure.
|Electric Heater Capacity (BTUs)||11600 / 9500 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||9000 / 9200 BTU|
|Energy Efficiency Ratio||11.3 EER|
|Wattage||796 / 814 Watts|
|Branch Circuit Fuse||20 amps|
|Electric Heater Size||2.78 - 3.4 kilowatts|
|Cut-Out Dimensions, W x H||42.25 x 16.25 inches|
|Chassis Weight||112 lbs|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Years|
|Sealed System Warranty||5 Years|
These accessories will ship for free if purchased at the same time as the Friedrich PDE09K3S.