The Alpine AH4HP13L series of heat pumps are made by Ducane and offer reliable compressors, a permanently lubricated fan motor, and are dual fuel compatible. Ducane heat pumps are manufactured to meet high quality standards, factory tested to ensure their performance in the field, and offer a 10 year limited warranty on the compressor and all other parts.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install a thermostat with all-fuel backup heat capability such as the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U1008) thermostat.
Please note that this equipment comes pre-charged with liquid refrigerant, and that by federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes you can purchase this equipment without being certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you can perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, you must have a professional heating / cooling contractor do the final part of the installation which requires managing the refrigerant. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
For Tips for Selecting Matched Components and Line Sets click here.
- High-quality condenser coil with copper tubing and enhanced louvered fin for maximum heat transfer capacity
- Top discharge directs hot air and sound away from living area and shrubbery
- All units run tested
- Easy access to electrical panels, pre-wired for easy hook-up
- Bi-directional liquid line filter drier factory installed
- Discharge muffler for quiet operation
- Reliable, solid state time/temperature defrost control, with field selectable 30/60/90 minute intervals
- Defrost control is Quiet Shift™ capable
- Low pressure switch factory installed for loss of charge protection
- Integrated control with LED diagnostics
- Short cycle protection factory installed
- All units UL and ULC approved and AHRI listed
- Charged for 15 feet of interconnecting tubing
|Cooling Capacity||18000 BTU|
|Cooling Capacity||1.5 Tons|
|Maximum Heating Output BTU||17000 BTU|
|Heating Seasonal Performance Factor||7.7 HSPF|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||20 Amps|
|Low Pressure Safety Switch||Yes|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Connection Size||3/4 Inches|
|Noise Level||76 Decibels|
|Pad Size||24x24 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||153 lbs|
|Width||24 1/4 Inches|
|Depth||24 1/4 Inches|
|Height||32 1/2 Inches|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||10 Years With Online Registration|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
These accessories will ship for free if purchased at the same time as the Alpine AH4HP13L18P.