Engineered for quieter performance, the Friedrich PTAC features a tangential blower wheel, universal heater options, and modular component design for easier service. Hotels focused on maximizing room revenues and minimizing guest complaints buy Friedrich PTAC:
- 2-year parts and labor warranty
- Sound reduction technology for quiet operation
- Separate thermostat limits for cooling and heating modes
- Dehumidification removes up to 3.2 pts per hour
- Diamonblue™Advanced Corrosion Protection on coils
- Cooling (7700-15000 Btu) and Heating (6300-13300 Btu)
- All models fit standard 42-inch sleeves (no baffle kit)
View this plug chart which will show you what wall recepticle is required for the PTAC unit of your choice.
The PTAC units slide into a standard, pre-existing 16” x 42” wall sleeve and include intuitively configured controls. New installations require a wall sleeve and grille which can be purchased as <<Accessories>>.
Friedrich PTACs are known for being feature-rich and backed by an AC-focused manufacturer. Our new models build on these strengths, with advanced engineering that delivers impressively quiet performance with expanded comfort settings.
Here are just some of the enhanced features:
- Reduced sound levels: The two-motor design – one motor inside, one outside – allows the indoor motor to run at slower speeds, which sharply reduces indoor sound levels. Plus, the motors are permanently lubricated for quieter operation and increased durability.
- More comfort choices, quieter operation: Our 3-speed fan (cooling and heating modes) has nearly five times the surface area of a typical PTAC fan, allowing for more uniform airflow over a wider path. The result is faster, more even air distribution and quieter airflow. Guests/residents will appreciate having more comfort options. Plus, the soft start/stop fan delay reduces transitional noise usually associated with compressor start-up.
- Increased energy savings: Models have EERs up to 12.0 and COPs up to 3.4. Separate thermostat limits for cooling and heating provide greater control over temperature ranges. Of course, centralized desk control and compatibility with energy management systems can boost efficiency and lower operational costs.
- A universal heater/power cord simplifies installation, ordering: Installers can change the heat output simply by changing the standard power cord to the desired size. The optional cords connect as easily as a phone jack. Distributors can stock fewer PTAC models and optional power cords instead of numerous PTAC models. (Note: All wiring and building connections must be properly sized to accommodate the power cord. See model specifications for details.
Plus, all capacities can fit standard 42-inch sleeves without the added expense of a baffle kit*.