2 Ton, 14 to 15 SEER Heat Pump, R-410A Refrigerant
Have It Installed
Professional installation now available in !
- Free online quotes
- No home visit
The Goodman® GSZ14 14 to 15 SEER Heat Pump is a great value, not only for the price, but because it continues to save you money on energy costs throughout the life of the system. Heat Pump technology harnesses the power of the refrigerant cycle to provide cooling in summer plus, by reversing the cycle, heating in winter without fossil fuels. The GSZ14 uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and cooling industry.
The GSZ14 can be 14 or 15 SEER, depending on the indoor unit it is paired with. If it is installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a TXV and a Goodman variable speed furnace, air handler, or modular blower it is a 15 SEER system. For complete matchup information, see the Accessories tab below, consult the Specifications Sheet in the Documents section below, or call 800 865 5931 to speak to a consultant. A 15 SEER heat pump system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% - 8% more than a 14 SEER heat pump system.
Heat Pumps such as the GSZ14 require a backup heat source for extreme cold temperatures. If you will be using a gas, LP or oil furnace as a backup heat source, you will need to install a heat pump compatible thermostat such as the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320R1003) that can switch between the two heat sources as needed and prevent both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time. If you prefer, you can use an electronic all fuel kit to accomplish the same functionality.
Need help putting a complete heat pump system together? Use our easy System Selector and we’ll do it for you!
Please note that this heat pump equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. And, if you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, we strongly recommend to have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation including managing the refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this heat pump validates your warranty with Alpine.
- R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant
- High-efficiency scroll compressor
- SmartShift® technology to ensure quiet reliable defrost
- Factory-installed bi-flow liquid-line filter drier
- Factory-installed suction-line accumulator
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater
- Factory-installed high-capacity muffler
- High- and low-pressure switches
- Service valves with sweat connections and easy access to gauge ports
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Fully charged for 15’ of tubing length
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
- Goodman® brand sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Service ports and controls are accessible while unit is operating
- When properly anchored, meets the 2010
- Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds (Anchor bracket kits available.)
* This Goodman GSZ14 model meets or exceeds minimum requirements set in 2015 Regional Cooling Efficiency Standards
|Cooling BTUs||24000 BTU|
|Cooling Tonnage||2 Tons|
|Total Cooling Capacity||2 Ton(s)|
|Heating Capacity||24000 BTU|
|Maximum Overcurrent Protection (Breaker)||25 Amps|
|Low Pressure Safety Switch||Yes|
|Liquid Line Size||3/8 Inches|
|Suction Line Size||3/4 Inches|
|Noise Level||72 Decibels|
|Pad Size||30x30 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||156 lbs|
|Voltage||208 / 230 Volts|
|Compressor Warranty||10 Years With Online Registration|
|Parts Warranty||With Online Registration 10 Years|